On Valentine's day I decided to try on the role of world's greatest mom and make heart shaped pancakes (with chocolate chips) for the kids with strawberries. Instead of telling me how wonderful I was, my kids pretty much just moaned and groaned about the festive breakfast. Landon was the only one that ate them. So, much for world's greatest mom. The funny thing is my kids still talk about them (positively) to their friends. Kids....
Dayv took a wedding picture and got a puzzle made out of it for my Valentine's gift. Very cute! I still need to try putting it together. He also got me valentine goodies and made sure he gave it to me on my "free day" (more on that later.) I put together a "Red Hot" gift bag for him. We went to a stake Valentine dance that night. I don't think we would have enjoyed it at all if Barber's (really good friends of ours) hadn't of come but we still left early and went to Village Inn.
Dayv's birthday was the 25th and I surprised him with a night away without the kids! I got a room at a bed & breakfast in Kamas (Woodland Farmhouse Inn). We went shopping at the Outlet stores and had dinner on main street. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be the best weekend to go because of a snow storm. We were ok until we tried driving to the B&B. I went into major panic mode until we were able to get behind a car and follow it for most of the way. The room was beautiful (I took the camera but never took pictures) and the breakfast was divine! And in the morning we drove home in the beautiful sunshine. We hope to go back again (just not in a snowstorm).
Here are a couple of more pictures we took in February. This next picture is my niece Chyanne watching 'Fiddler on the Roof' with Landon. Landon doesn't normally watch movies but he loved this one. Definitely didn't take after his Dad on that one but it made his mommy happy! :)
Landon has really started doing a lot more with the other kids. Carson and Tahirah both love to read to him.
So, all month I was involved in a "Healthy Challenge". I had to pay $15 to play and whoever got the most points won the $$$. You got 3 points for eating 3 healthy meals, 1 point for having 2 healthy snacks, 1 point for taking a multi-vitamin, 2 points for doing 30 min. of exercise, 1 point for drinking 2 liters of water, 2 points for no sugar, 1 point for no caffeine, and 1 point for having no food 2 hours before bed. Each week you got one free day (any day you wanted) where you didn't count points. So, there was 72 points possible each week. And guess what? I got ALL of my points!!! There were two other people tied with me last week and they haven't posted their points this week so I don't know if I'm still tied with them for 1st place. But I know I'll get something. Yay! I'm so glad it over. It really wasn't that hard but I hated tracking my water and exercising late at night when I didn't do it in the morning. I am hoping I'll keep at least some of the good healthy habits though!


It looks like you guys have been busy! I think it is so fun watching my older kids read to the younger ones!
ReplyDelete