My friend Becky sent me this link to a story about a little boy not having his prayers answered. I read it to Carson and he really enjoyed it. It helped him understand that sometimes the answer is "no", sometimes the answer is "yes" and sometimes the answer is "not yet" (something that I still need to learn too!) If you have a minute please take the time to read it. Thank you Becky!
There has been a lot of negativity going on in the Van Orman home today but instead of going into that I thought I'd just go right into my daily "sparklies":
* Carson ate half a bowl of jello AND a crepe!
* Carson was also totally his happy go lucky self for about two hours this morning! It was so wonderful to see the old Carson again.
*I was able to get ALL four kids down for a nap including myself for about an hour today!! It was heaven!
*I received an invite to Dayv's cousin, Heather's baby shower. I am so happy for her and Scott and I am also glad Heather and Emily Sue are still doing ok.
*I went on a couple of outings with my children today. I took all four of them to the dollar store which could of turn into disaster but didn't and then I took Carson with me to get a few groceries. I love spending time with my kids and being able to get out of the house.
*I was able to get one load of laundry in the washer today which is quite a feat these days.
*I am so thankful for such a happy baby! Landon always wakes up smiling and cooing and it makes for a good start to the day.
*Landon rolled over today. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing because it means he's growing up :(
#600 Staring ahead at a brand new year
6 days ago


I love the positive notes you're putting. That's such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI'm being honest that I'm jealous about the nap.....