Friday, August 14, 2009

Update!

I was waiting to take a picture before posting but I guess you'll just have to wait even longer for that. Our Dodge Caravan was pretty much just falling apart so we got a new (new to us anyway) Honda Odyssey! I LOVE IT! So what made us decide to add a car payment to our already large stack of bills? Well, the story goes like this: The Caravan was having some overheating issues. Dayv had poured some radiator fix stuff (that's a technical term) in it and it seemed to have worked. I drove it to an appointment I had with no problems. So, I decided to drive to Draper to pick up my son from my sister-in-law Toni's. As soon as I go to get on the main freeway it overheats. I pull over in the shoulder right on a curve. I have no cell phone with three kids in the car. So, I go to the back of the van and start trying to wave someone down. FINALLY someone pulls over and I use their cell phone to call my sister-in-law Christy. I am just about in tears, scared to death that someone is going to hit my van. While I'm waiting for Christy a cop pulls over to find out what is going on. He offers to sit behind me until Christy gets there. THANK YOU! I relaxed a little but still wouldn't let my kids out of their car seats until she got there. Being stuck on the freeway was NOT something I wanted to experience again so we decided it was time. Our van almost had 180,000 miles on it. And we figured once we got the radiator fixed it would just be something else. So, we are now the proud owners of a 2000 Honda Odyssey with 109,000 miles on it in excellent condition! YEA!

Landon had his 4 month well child checkup. He is now up to 20.3 lbs and is 27 inches long. He is rolling over and is just the happiest little boy!

Carson got a letter from his new teacher. He is actually not that excited about starting school. He says he wants to go back to his old class. He has a hard time with change (I don't know where he would of gotten that from). His tonsils seem to have healed fine. I keep meaning to make a follow-up appointment for him. But now he almost seems to have become a hypochondriac. And not only does he worry about there being something wrong WITH him he worries about something happening TO him too. Kind of odd.

I am still debating the whole preschool thing for Tahirah. She honestly really could use the socialization and being away from mom but I'm not so sure I want to or even can shell out the $75.

Noah's infection has pretty much healed up. It was a complete nightmare trying to get him to take his antibiotics. I tried a million different things to sneak it into and finally discovered strawberry yogurt was the one food he didn't taste it in. SO glad that's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment