On Tuesday two of my friends called me and told me, I had no choice, that I was joining them in a 5K run in July. At first I was a little worried but decided that it would be really good for me. I have been trying to fit some sort of exercise in my daily routine for quite some time now. They told me about a "
couch to 5K" program that was out there along with a
podcast I could download. I couldn't get that one to download onto my micro SD card so I found this
one instead. It even has a "graduation" podcast....lol. I started the routine that tuesday night. You are suppose to do it 3X a week with at least one day in between your runs. The first day wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be and my legs didn't even hurt yesterday. But boy do they hurt today! As I was doing my routine on tuesday I thought I really should probably start eating better, drinking more water, blah blah blah. My sister in law Christy recently joined a group that is doing a healthy challenge. I was going to join but chickened out because of everything that was going on at the time. I started regretting that decision when I came up with the idea to start my own healthy challenge group! So, I created a blog,
healthychallengegroup.blogspot.com. We've got 5 contestants so far and hopefully we'll get more. I'm really excited to start forming healthy habits. I've even got Dayv to start eating healthier! He told me yesterday that he passed up all the unhealthy snacks they have at work and just had the fruit. I'm trying to get him to join me in the healthy challenge but haven't quite convinced him YET.
No comments:
Post a Comment