So, as many of you already know, Dayv was laid off of work last Thursday. Not fun! We are very blessed to have many friends and family that care about enough about us that we aren't too worried about having to live on the streets. However, it still is not a very nice feeling. "Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." (Spike Milligan) Ha ha ha!
I was smart enough to start building up some sort of food storage last year and learned how to actually use it. I also started making a lot of my own stuff. My own laundry soap, fabric softener, cleaning wipes, baby wipes, and hair gel. I also started trying to find recipes to make my kids snacks instead of buying them. I am so glad I had already started doing these things! And to be honest, I've actually had a little fun trying out new things and seeing how little money we can live on.
So, I've decided to change the focus of my blog just a little bit. I've read and gotten many ideas on how to save money from other blogs and thought maybe I could start doing that here. I'll post recipes for homemade household items that I love and just general things that we are doing to save money. I think when times are hard it is hard to stay optimistic so I've also decided to post the things I am grateful for and things that happened that made us smile. So, here it is....Our Family, living off FAITH and LOVE!
I would also love any ideas YOU have to save a buck or two!
#600 Staring ahead at a brand new year
6 days ago


I am sorry about the job situation. There is always the saying when a door closes a window opens... Or something like that. There may be a better job or situation out there for you guys. It sounds like you have a wonderful attitude. I would love to read about your money saving ideas!!
ReplyDelete