Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Perfect Mother's Day






These are four very important moments in my life. The four times I became a mother. Today I found myself feeling a little upset that I didn't get my "perfect" mother's day. My house was a mess. My children were acting...like themselves. I didn't eat breakfast and cooked everybody dinner. I will mention that my husband did take me out last night for a fabulous dinner and a movie. However, I felt that I deserved more than just last night. And then I read a blog that described a mother's grief over the lost of not one but two of her children. One before he was born and the another at 4 months old. I DID have my perfect mother's day. I got to spend it WITH my children! I GOT to cook them dinner (that they didn't even eat). I GOT to hear them laughing (and fighting). I GOT to kiss them goodnight and tell them that I love them (and to get back in bed for the 10th million time). And I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for sending them to me. No, it's not easy. I get upset. I scream. I cry. I frequently go to the bathroom and lock the door just so I can have a couple of minutes to myself. But I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy being a mother!

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome and great MOM. Happy mommies day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, because it is so true. It is so easy to lose sight of what is really important. What beautiful pictures. Just by looking at them I can see the love you have for your kids. You are a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great thoughts!! I am so glad you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete